Optimizing your e-commerce website for the search engines can be a great challenge. The good news is that the savvy web marketer can quickly overcome it. Many of electronic commerce websites often count on having other sites link to their web pages to produce higher search engine rankings. This may work well for content oriented websites; however, you will never find that many blogs or websites who will link directly to a product page on an e-commerce site. The following are tips to help search engine optimize your eCommerce website:
1. Never copy and paste the manufacturer’s product descriptions. This may save you time, but it will not improve your rankings. Original content improves ratings. Every product must have a unique story or the search engine spiders will consider it to be duplicate content.
2. Your database should have an SEO keyword field. The keyword field must be displayed in the title tags, meta tags, and the body of the text as well.
3. On your product page, focus on Single Keywords. Always optimize many keywords on other SEO pages, for example, the landing pages, and home page.
4. Make sure your URLs are search engine friendly. You should have product names and keywords in the URL rather than ID’s, strings of numbers, or other parameters. We recommend using a URL rewriting software.
5. Make sure that you place all products within 2 to 3 clicks away from the homepage. Your products should be as close as possible to your pages with the highest PageRank. Never bury your products in categories or subcategories.
6. Meta tags must be unique on each web page. Don’t fill your meta tags with keywords that have nothing to do with your content on that particular page. Consult with an e-commerce SEO expert.
7. Always use unique keywords for the description meta tags. Use a product description for the content meta tag on each product page.
8. Make sure that you use product reviews for generating a constant flow of new and unique content.
9. Remember to use internal links. Links inside a paragraph of content leading to more relevant content have a significant chance of being followed by search engine spiders. Your eCom SEO firm should take care of this for you.
10. Always use a product RSS feed. Then create an XML product feed and have it submitted to different content aggregators like Google Base. This is also an effective way of getting free backlinks to your product pages.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is one of the major aspects of any e-commerce site. Search engine optimization is important because it helps to feature the website at the top in the search engine results pages. eCommerce SEO agencies have various techniques to assist in bringing a large number of visitors on the site and also aid in increasing visibility to the search engine crawlers. There are some e-commerce SEO companies in Denver that can actually use various methods to help your e-commerce business flourish.
Read on to know the importance of SEO for e-commerce websites.
As mentioned above, search engine optimization is a marketing technique, and if it is correctly utilized, it can be very beneficial for any online business. It helps to garner financial profit by increasing the sales.
Secondly, SEO is a very useful tool that contributes towards the popularity of any e-commerce website; whether you are a new player in the market or an established star.
When a business is new, SEO can aid in making people aware of its products and services. This is done by attracting more visitors to the website.
On the other hand, if a business is already established in the market, search engine marketing helps to spread the word about already existing services. It can also effectively disseminate the information about new product launches whenever they reach the market.
SEO is not only beneficial in attracting customers but also helps to retain the old ones. Also, you do not require too much of money to get eCommerce SEO consultants for your e-commerce website.
When SEO is done for an e-commerce site, it can be crawled as well as indexed by the popular search engines such as Google, Yahoo, and MSN, etc. When someone is trying to find a particular product or service, he types the keywords related to it on a search engine. The websites getting the top rankings are preferred by the person browsing the Internet.
The Internet is a vast medium where thousands of businesses are trying to make their mark and stand out. To make your e-commerce website attract the potential customer, you have to take the help of search engine optimization.
Because of so many advantages that SEO has to offer, it is useful in taking your e-commerce business to great heights. The various methods used for search engine optimization include title tags, meta tags and most importantly the content. All the techniques have to be used judiciously to obtain the best results for your website.